Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches 1st Birthday!

Good Morning!  I am so excited about today!! Today is Tuesday Morning Sketches 1st Birthday!!  We are celebrating all month long with great sponsors, prizes, blog candy, past Guest Designers and guess what, no surprises!!  I know you're scratching your heads on that last item.  Let me explain.  This whole month is all about what we really liked about Tuesday Morning Sketches for the last year, so the entire month will be "feature your favorite sketch."  Each week the design team and you will be showcasing your cards or projects using sketches from the past year.

Do you all love the new look of Tuesday Morning Sketches?  A very lovely lady named Laura made the new look.  She also designed blinkies, too.  Unfortunately, I've hit a few technical difficulties and haven't been able to reach Laura yet.  So, no worries, I will have those available very soon!  Also, the header isn't supposed to look like it does, I need her to fix that for me too.  So I'm sorry that TMS isn't fully in it's party clothes, but we'll get there!

So let's get on with the first week of the party!  First off, I am sponsoring this week's challenge as well as my friend Melyssa from Whimsie Doodles.  This means we'll have TWO randomly drawn winners for prizes and what the heck, we'll go with TWO randomly drawn Weekly Card Give Away winners. 

Here are the rules:
1.  For each week that you participate, you must use a different sketch each week.  The same timeframe will apply - you have from Tuesday 7am EST to Sunday 7pm EST.
2.  I do have a pretty amazing blog candy box available, so here's how you can get it.  (I will picture it later in the month.)  You need to participate each week in order to be in the drawing for the blog candy.
3.  For those of you that can't participate each week, it's OK, smaller candy packages will be available each week, too, but those will be mystery goodie bags.
4.  HAVE FUN, HAVE FUN, HAVE FUN!!

Let's start this party with some inspiration from the team...





Here's Angela's adorable card using TMS #47.  This is so cute!!




Please welcome July's Guest Designer, Jackie Randolph.  Her sweet fishy birthday card features a new release from Whimsie Doodles.  She used TMS #5.




This sweet mouse card can only be from Jessica.  She has a way with these House Mouse images!  Jessica used TMS #1.




This stunning card is from October 09 Guest Designer Shelly Bobrowski.  She used TMS #14.



This super cute card also featuring Whimsie Doodle's newest release is from the fabulous Sheri Gilson, September 09 Guest Designer.  Sheri used TMS #1.


This absolutely fabulous card is from Theresa.  I love all the swirls, the paper, the stamps!  She used TMS #6.  Now you're going to want to head on over to Theresa's blog because it's a year old, too, and she is offering an amazing blog candy package!



This sweet card is from our Jr. DT Member, Hollyanne.  She featured another image from the Shella-Bration set from Whimsie Doodles, using sketch TMS #6.



And finally, my card.  I used sketch TMS #3 which is the same sketch that Whimsie Doodles sponsored when TMS began. 

It's your turn.  Go make a card or project using your favorite sketch.  When you post it on your blog, be sure to post which sketch you used.  Come back here and enter a direct link to your creation and leave us a comment.  Have fun!






16 comments:

  1. I love the new look of the blog! I am loving the card samples this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Miss...

    Great line up DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! Panicked a bit there haha! As a relative newbie to your blog I haven't that many of your sketches, thought I wasn't going to be able to play til you directed us to the pages list in the side bar. Yipee! Excellent idea:D Thank youXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [06 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy blog birthday TMS!!!!!!!
    awesome cards by your DT as always! thanks for inviting me to join in your celebration melissa :) hugs shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday TMS!! Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of this special celebration!! Fabulous cards, Ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday TMS! Oooh, look at Rebecca's card - adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Melissa and TMS Team. I like the new look of the blog and it´s always fun to play with you. Ladies, your cards are all fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday TMS!! I am excited for you..It has been a great year and hope you have wonderful second year!!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your site and had to join the fun! I'm number 21. Hope you will check out my card! Love these sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I added my project using sketch #1...not sure why the little pic isn't showing up though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love having all these sketches available in one place :) I'm too late, and I already entered a card for this week, but I've done another, so I'm sharing it anyway :)

    http://susanscraftychaos.blogspot.com/2010/07/art-of-being-wise.html

    ReplyDelete

What Tuesday Morning Challengers have to say...