Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday Morning Sketches #18

Good Morning! Are you ready for a fun sketch and some really great cards from the design team? We have a very sweet sponsor this week. Ildi Co is here bringing her cuddly bears, sweet little clowns, robots and more that will steal your heart.

So here's the sketch we have to work with:

Interpret this how you wish, keep the dots in rows or go a little random. Have fun with this, just keep the basic elements in what you create.

First up, we have our Featured Stamper, Renata's card. Isn't this lovely? She used a really cute witch from Pixie Cottage. I really love how she added her sentiment directly to the ribbon.

And now for our November Guest Designer, my friend Gabby. This card features one of the Clownkins images and is colored perfectly in Gabby-style. Gorgeous color combo and I love the "spotlights."


Our school teacher, Theresa could not pass up using these little cuties. Again, from the Clownkins collection, school boy and school girl are featured here and again, perfect coloring! She was also so very excited when she and a friend, on a recent excursion to Archivers (despite all the snow), found this paper that fits this sketch to a T!

Here is Joni's card and this Emotibot is adorable! Oh my goodness he is so happy!! More perfect coloring and the screws couldn't be a more perfect touch to this boy card. Her paper is wonderful, too!


When Tammy emailed me this photo of her tag, she said that she strayed a bit. What an adorable stray she made! This is Kuma and I am pretty sure this was the company's first line when they launched a few months ago. This gift tag is just so cute!

And here is my card. I didn't do the straight line dots because after I started pulling this card together, I couldn't fit the same size dots. So I went random and I am really pleased with how it all turned out. I chose a Clownkins image as well. I colored him with Copics and did my own recessed embossing to create the card's center. Then I punched out 5/8" circles in a variety of bright colors. My sentiment says "Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart" - I made that up and placed in a text box so that I can print it directly under the clown and cut as one piece. I added one final touch that is making my friend Joni so proud of me....

I flocked a couple of brads. I am very intimidated by flocking, I don't know how to use it well or really where best to use it. The image has two pom-poms on his suit but I wanted lift, so I dipped two brads into some tacky glue and then stuck them into the flocking and let dry. I am so happy with the way this worked out.

OK now it's your turn. Go make your card or layout, post it and then come back here to link up in Mr. Linky. Also please leave a comment for the team - they work so hard for you each week, they deserve a little love. I can't wait to see what you make!




15 comments:

  1. Good morning. What a bunch of great samples for the sketch. All those dots seem very intimidating when you first look at it, but everyone's samples make me feel at ease. I'm sure I can find something to work perfectly! Thank you for sharing all your creativity with us each week. Congratulations to Renata and Gabby for thier guest spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cards by the DT!! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards you guys! Way to rock the sketch! :) Thanks again Melissa foe letting me be part of this! Can't wait to see others creations and their take on the sketch! See ya next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela (SCS monkeymama)November 3, 2009 at 7:08 PM

    Great sketch and such fun cards! I love all those darling clowns! Can't wait to give this a try....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sketch this week. Great cards this week DT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun sketch! I used coffee beans instead of circles, but they are kind of similiar in shape, right?

    Awesome sample cards! Those fuzzy brads are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun sketch--looking at the samples helped me remember this paper I had in my stash.Thanks for letting me play along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Melissa beautiful Sketch
    love what the DT have done with it
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun sketch and great line up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was definitely a challenging sketch this week. The DT did a fabulous job! I even gave it a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angela (SCS monkeymama)November 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM

    Alrighty, I finished mine.... I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This challenge is officially closed. Thank you to everyone who participated. We'll see you back here tomorrow for another sketch and sponsor.

    ReplyDelete

What Tuesday Morning Challengers have to say...